Fans championship (Brain Football)
Short description about the championship rules
1. What does “Fans Championship (Brain Football)” mean?
Brain Football is a championship carried out by selection teams. In each selection team, only take part Fantasy Football players of the same base team. Consequently, these teams made of the best Fantasy Football players compete against each other.
In Brain Football, the following tournaments are running:
2. Joining Championship (Brain Football)
All you need to join Brain Football is to join Fantasy Football. All the points you get playing Fantasy Football are summed up and counted in the Fans Championship.
3. Setting up the fans selection teams
Each selection team is made of 23 players from the same base team with the highest score in the Fantasy Football Best Manager classification (in National Brain Leagues), or with the highest score in the Fantasy Football Best Manager classification (current stage) and points scored by the contracted players (with active contracts) (in Super League and FTBL League).
Consequently, the teams created this way have 2 line-ups: the main and the reserve ones. The main squad is made of the 11 best players, which will play in the brain matches as the main squad. Players of the reserve line-up can be replaced during the match and also help their teams to win (see rules below).
Each player of the squad will be assigned a place. Each position has a its own coefficient, which affects the amount of points to obtain in the Brain Match (see below) and increases the team score in this position.
Goalkeeper: Fantasy team player who was scored the least in the present stage.
Forwards: 3 Fantasy team players who scored the most in the present stage.
Numbers: 9, 10, 11
Midfielders: 4 Fantasy team players, whose team has the biggest difference between scored goals and goals received.
Numbers: 5, 6, 7, 8
Defenders: The 3 best players left.
Numbers: 2, 3, 4
Each team also has a captain who is the player of the team with the highest score in the Captain’s Tournament in the Fantasy Football current stage (from 1 to 3 of each month, the results of the previous stage are used). At the end of each game day the system compares captains of opposing teams. The difference of their captain points is multiplied by 100 and then subtracted from the total result of the team whose captain scored fewer points.
The captain gets increased prizes for his performance in the matches.
The captain is chosen every day - it is the player, who scored on that day the largest number of points in the captain's standings.
4. Performing Brain Matches
All the teams compete with each other following the schedule. A Brain Match is carried out during some period (game days).
During the Brain League matches, the main squad players obtain rating points in the Fantasy Football (the Best Manager classification) as well as with contracted players. These points are multiplied by the player’s position coefficient and summed up until the end of each period (game day).
A detailed protocol: all information about the points scored and the match events
Afterwards, the system analyzes the obtained points and decides if the team scored. A goal is equivalent to 4,500 points in Super League and 3,000 points in FTBL League.
The goals are added to the score of the player who obtained the biggest amount of points (ignoring coefficients) in the Fantasy Football Best Manager classification. A player cannot score twice in the same period of time; the second goal would be automatically assigned to the second best player, and so on.
Important: goalkeepers cannot score goals.
The players’ substitutes on the pitch happen according to the following rules:
1. The players who are blacklisted are substituted first – on the best players of reserves.
2. Those players who won no points during a current match day (and players who won negative number of points) are substituted on the reserve players if the reserve players won more than zero point).
3. If all previous substitutions have been made and there is a player in the first squad of the team who won less points than any of his teammates and less than a reserve player (who won more points than all his reserve teammates) then the reserve player replaces the main player.
Attention! In Superleague and FTBL League matches goalkeeper cannot be substituted. If he is blocked or left the team, his place remains vacant and the penalty cannot be saved.
Points for defining the substitutes:
1. Points, won in the “Best manager” tournament.
2. Points, won by contract players (only those points count that are won in continuing contracts, but no more than two weeks since the moment of contract signing.)
Match results and chat.
During the match, the system monitors and publishes all the information about the match, i.e., goals, replacements, etc.
You can chat about them in the protocol section of the game.
5. Money prizes and awards
During the game process, the system follows all the events and rewards the winners with play money. Details...
Important: the captain gets multiplied by two the amount of points; the trainer, by two times.
When we acquire more sponsors and advertisers, these prizes will be increased and even be transformed from Play Money in direct real money ones.
6. Team coach: how he affects the match progress
Every team is assigned a coach, who can affect the match progress. The Coach is a participant of the forecasts’ competition Predictor, who obtained the biggest amount of points in the Team Classification of the current month.
With successful predictions, the Coach can help the team to win the match in the following way:
− Before the beginning of the Brain Match last period, the system analyzes the scores of the coaches in the general classification of Predictor.
− Afterwards, the system calculates the coach (or trainer) coefficient, which will multiply the points obtained by the trainer team player.
Important: The maximum coach coefficient is 3.
7. Ranking in groups
At start, in groups, teams are shuffled/placed in random order.
As tournament goes on, teams are ranked based on total number of tournament points awarded for each fixture. If teams are level on points, here are the tiebrakers (top-down prioritization):
- goal difference
- goals scored (the more the better)
- total rating points scored
- total number of matches played
8. Boss of club
1. Interested teams appoint among them boss of the club – a player, who will be managing the team’s squad during the game.
2. Boss of the club, approved by the website administration, gets a chance to lock those players who are suspected of unfair game. In the list of challenges for the first team, boss ticks the box against the nicknames of those players he wants to lock. The lock is valid through the time when a player is ticked, but no less than a week since the day he was locked. During that time boss cannot unlock the player (for that matter boss of club needs to be very careful and take a balanced approach in terms of locking players).
3. The system automatically checks whether this boss is connected with the team – in the event of restart boss will lose his managing rights.
4. Any visitor of the website can see the list of locked players of the team – they are ticked. If a player is locked, he will not be participating in the team picking. If the player is locked during the match, being in the team squad, at the end of the match day he will be replaced by a player from reserves without being replaced again. The locked player cannot be appointed as manager of the team (as a matter of convenience you can see the list of those players who may be appointed as manager of the team).
5. A locked player can ask the administration of transferring him to another team without losing his points. In this case the transfer is operated regardless of the transfer window.
6. Any player can restart his team on his own account (choose a different club). In this case all his previous achievements as a player of fantasy football return to zero as all his playmoney. He rejoins the game with team initial budget of 1000. In team games a player in the event of restart is replaced by another player from reserves. In personal games on the day of restart a player has a null result. During 3 days since restart a player cannot be chosen as manager of this new team.Description about the Brain Football tournaments' rules.
7. Every team member can be blocked by boss specifically as coach remaining a regular player of the team.
Super League (Brain Football Cup)
1. Brain Football Super League is a competition of teams formed on the Brain Football basis. It is a play-off tournament for 32 best teams.
2. The draw at each stage is arbitrary, without seeding the best.
3. Duration of each match is 3 game days. If there are empty days in the calendar, matches are extended for as many calendar days as needful.
4. The game is won by the team wich had scored more goals. The cost of goal is 4500 points. In case of equality of goals the amount of points scored in the match is taken into account.
5. Tournaments are overlapping - the next tournament starts simultaneously with semi-finals of the previous one. Thus, participants of the semi-finals pass next tournament.
6. In the Super League, unlike the other tournaments, the number of participants in each team is limited to 16 players. Team boss marks them before the start of the tournament, and the list remains unchanged to the end of it. If more than 16 players are marked, the first 16 of the list of candidates for the first team will automatically be selected.
Back to the core Brain Football rules
Top 18 fans teams form the FTBL League. FTBL League is a double round-robin system (each participant plays all others twice). FTBL League teams are formed by the Brain football and Super League rules. Duration of one match in the FTBL League is two days.
A goal's equivalent is 3000 rating points obtained. If the team obtained a negative amount of points, it will score an own goal (with the second own goal awarded if a team goes deeper than 3000 negative points).
During the championship, the standings are forming. When the championship ends, the three teams occupying the lower lines of the tournament table leave the championship and are replaced by the three top pretender teams.
Attention! Administration has the right to regulate the number of teams that are replaced by results of the championship. In case of insufficient number or inadequate strength of the pretender teams, the Administration may reduce the number of relegated teams.
Back to the core Brain Football rules
National Brain Leagues
In national Brain Football championships the cost of goal is 2500 points. Every game day the results of the 11 best players on the team at the end of the day counts, taking into account the "fractional" contracted players (which points are multiplied by 5) and Legionnaires (their points are multiplied by 15).
In the English Brain league - the only one of all the national tournaments - there are prizes in Reals. They are obtained by the 3 best account of each club. Criterion for payout is thesum of total manager points and points scored by contracted players of the user. Please mind that points are taking into account only if user played for his brain team this day. If he stayed on the bench, his points do not count.
Back to the core Brain Football rules